Brett Smith & Co has been a leading Ipswich firm for over 40 years.
Brett Smith was admitted to practice in March 1979 and has practiced continually since that date. That means that any work you entrust to this firm will be conducted against that background and wealth of experience.
You have the security in the knowledge that you have 40 years of experience behind your case, be it in relation to property or children’s matters, the purchase or sale of a house or business, a criminal matter, a Wills or Estate issue or for that matter any other problem that you encounter with the law.
Many law firms will say their firm is 70 or 80 years old. The real test is the practical experience of the practitioner that handles your matter. This is of the utmost importance and should be a major influence in your decision concerning which firm you instruct to handle your legal affairs.
We are a professional firm of solicitors with an enviable strong reputation. Our firm is approachable and we offer sensible and comprehensive legal advice.
Why Choose Us?
We have been established since 1975, providing Ipswich with leading legal advice.
The current Ipswich premises were opened in 1975, so our office has been at the corner of East and Churchill Streets and a part of the Ipswich community for over 45 years. At one stage, Brett operated several offices in South East Queensland and is admitted to practice in the states of NSW, VIC, TAS and QLD. These days Brett operates solely from the Ipswich premises.
Be comfortable in the knowledge that your legal affairs will be conducted by, or overseen by, Brett Smith personally. Your work will be done by a solicitor with over 40 years’ experience and that is a comfort which is almost impossible to find.
Areas of Practice
- Brett Smith & Co has a long established reputation for high quality legal service, not only to the people in the Ipswich community but in South Western Queensland generally.
- With over 40 years of experience, Brett Smith is more than capable of assisting clients on a broad range of legal issues, with our main Areas of Practice including the following:
- Family Law – children’s issues & property settlement issues
- The purchase and sale of residential properties
- Divorce/Dissolution of Marriage
- Criminal Law
- Pre-Nuptial Agreements & post separation agreements
- Wills and Estates
- The purchase and sale of businesses